About the Indiana Mathematics Teacher
The Indiana Mathematics Teacher is the official journal of the Indiana Council of Teachers of Mathematics (ICTM). It is published twice a year and is distributed by mail to all current members.
The journal provides ideas and information for mathematics teachers at all levels of the curriculum (PreK-16). The editors invite submissions from new and experienced authors and accept articles on a range of topics including innovative classroom activities and lessons, practical applications of pedagogical research and theory, thoughtful reflections on challenges faced in the mathematics classroom, strategies and stories of mathematics coaching and teacher leadership, and any other topics that support the professional learning of ICTM members. We especially encourage collaborations between PreK-12 teachers and higher education faculty.
Indiana residents whose feature articles appear in the Indiana Mathematics Teacher will be granted free membership to ICTM for one year.
Call for Manuscripts
1. The manuscript should be prepared and submitted as a Microsoft Word file. Manuscripts for Feature Articles should be no more than 3000 words in length. Articles for Departments should be no more than 750-1200 words in length. Longer manuscripts related to topics in the Departments may be submitted as Feature Articles.
2. All manuscripts should be double-spaced, 1-inch margins, and 12-point Times New Roman font. Use double spacing for all material, including quoted matter, lists, tables, notes, references, and bibliographies.
3. Figures, tables, and graphs should be embedded in the document. Please do not use footnotes.
4. Provide accurate and complete bibliographical information. All references cited in the manuscript should be listed in a reference list at the end of the manuscript and use APA Style, Sixth Edition (see http://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/resource/560/01/)
5. No author identification should appear in the manuscript. Do not reference your own work or your school in a way that compromises the blind review process. Use pseudonyms for students’ or colleagues’ names. All blinded references can be re-inserted should your work be accepted for publication.
6. Put the title and name(s) of author(s), their email addresses, and an abstract (for feature articles) on a separate cover sheet. Abstracts should be limited to approximately 50 words. For the primary author or contact person, also include a work address and telephone number.
Submit the manuscript and title page/abstract in separate files by emailing Doris Mohr at email@example.com.
The Indiana Mathematics Teacher Editorial Panel consists of Editors, Associate Editors, Department Editors, and a Copy Editor. The Editors receive manuscripts from potential authors via email, make initial reviews, send manuscripts for feature articles to reviewers, send manuscripts for departments to Department Editors, edit manuscripts, and communicate with authors The also manage the production, printing, and mailing of the journal. The Associate Editors review manuscripts, work with Editors to make decisions, and write recommendations for authors. The Department Editors recruit, review, and develop manuscripts appropriate for the journal’s departments. The Copy Editor edits manuscripts after being submitted for publication. Current editorial panel members are:
Call for Reviewers
All feature articles are peer reviewed and feedback will be shared with the author. If you are interested in serving as a reviewer, contact Doris Mohr at firstname.lastname@example.org or Sheryl Stump at email@example.com.