2019 State Math Contest Awards Ceremony
On June 28, 2019, Indiana students were recognized for their performance after competing in the Indiana State Math Contest during the ICTM Outstanding Scholars Awards Ceremony. Pictures from the event may be found at: https://preview.tinyurl.com/ICTMawards19. State plaques were awarded to the top 3 finishers (or more in the event of a tie) and medals were awarded to students who finished in the top 5%. State plaques and medals for students not in attendance will be mailed to the attention of the registering teacher at the school address provided during registration. Below is a summary:
* 7 students tied for 1st place earning a 38/40
* 7 additional students were awarded medals with a minimum score of 37/40
* 1 student earned 1st place with a PERFECT SCORE of 40/40.
* 1 student earned 2nd place with a 38/40.
* 1 student earned 3rd place with a 36/40
* 7 additional students were awarded medals with a minimum score of 33/40
* 2 students tied for 1st place with a PERFECT SCORE of 32/32
* 3 students tied for 2nd place with a 31/32
* 4 additional students were awarded medals with a minimum score of 30/32
* 2 students tied for 1st place with a 31/32
* 1 student earned 2nd place with a 29/32
* 2 additional students were awarded medals with a minimum score of 25/32
* 1 student earned 1st place with a PERFECT SCORE of 32/32
* 2 students earned 2nd place with a 30/32
* 2 additional students were awarded medals with a minimum score of 29/32
Please mark your calendar for Saturday, April 18th, 2020 for the 2020 ICTM State Math Contest next year! The 2020 ICTM Outstanding Scholars Awards Ceremony is tentatively set for June 5, 2020 at the Indiana State House in Indianapolis. The website will be updated in the coming months.
The Indiana Council of Teachers of Mathematics is pleased to inform you that the 2019 Indiana State Mathematics Contest will be held at 9:30 AM (local time) on Saturday, April 13, 2019 at the sites listed below. For more information or to be added to the mailing list, please contact a local site coordinator. We hope you will encourage your students to participate in the 2019 contest.
Click HERE for past state math contest exams and answer keys.
For more information, please contact Leigh Britt
Registration will be open from February 28, 2019 through March 29, 2019. Online registration closes two weeks before the contest day. Please contact your site coordinator for late registrations.
Click HERE to register! Teachers/principals must register students. Parents may not register students.
There are five mathematics problem-solving tests. Each contains 28 to 40 multiple-choice questions; 90 minutes are allowed for students to work with the test. The categories are: Pre-Algebra, Algebra First Course/Integrated Math I, Geometry/Integrated Math II, Algebra Second Course/Integrated Math III, and Comprehensive. Questions for the first four categories may be related to the content identified in Indiana's academic standards or included in state-approved textbooks. The content of the Comprehensive category is drawn from pre-calculus mathematics including trigonometry, finite mathematics, simple linear algebra, probability, statistics, and analytic geometry.
Only a non-programmable calculator may be used during the exam. Please refer to the following list:
ICTM is dedicated to supporting Indiana public and private school teachers. ONLY public or private school teachers or principals may register students. Parents may NOT register students. Participation on the part of any interested student is encouraged; there is no limit to the number of participants from any school. A participant may take only one test each year.
· Participants in the Pre-Algebra category are limited to Middle School and Junior High School students who have not yet enrolled in Algebra or an integrated high school mathematics course;
· Students who are enrolled in either an Algebra First Course or Integrated Mathematics first course will register for the Algebra I/Integrated Math I test;
· Students enrolled in Geometry or Integrated Mathematics II will register for the Geometry/Integrated Math II test; and,
· Students enrolled in either Algebra Second Course or Integrated Mathematics III will register for the Algebra II/Integrated Math III test.
Students can participate only one time in each of the Algebra I First Course/Integrated Math I, Geometry/Integrated Math II, or Algebra II/Integrated Math III categories. Students can participate in the Pre-Algebra and Comprehensive categories more than once.
There is a non-refundable $7.00 participant fee for each student. Checks to be made payable to ICTM. Participants must be registered by their current math teacher or school principal (even if the school is not participating in the contest), and the school must certify that the participants are currently enrolled in courses appropriate for the category. No special certification is required for the Comprehensive category.
Please register online and then mail the fees to the appropriate site coordinator where your students plan to attend the contest. CHECKS MUST BE MADE PAYABLE TO ICTM. Your registration is not complete until all fees have been received by the appropriate local site. (Coming Soon on 2/28/19!)
Host Site Coordinators
Department of Mathematical Sciences
Ball State University
Muncie, IN 47306
Department of Mathematics
Purdue University West Lafayette
150 N. University Street
West Lafayette, IN 47907-2067
Walter Dennis Scott
Division of Natural Sciences & Mathematics
Whitewater Room 200
Indiana University East
2325 Chester Boulevard
Richmond, IN 47374
Noah Armah and Peng Zhao
Department of Mathematics and Computer Science
Indiana State University
Terre Haute, IN 47809
Peng Zhao: (812) 237-2648
Mathematics & Physics Section
Purdue University Northwest
Westville, IN 46391
Dept. of Math Sciences
Purdue University Fort Wayne
2101 Coliseum Blvd. East
Fort Wayne, IN 46805
Department of Mathematics
Saint Mary's College
Notre Dame, IN 46556
Doris J. Mohr
University of Southern Indiana
8600 University Blvd.
Evansville, IN 47712
Dr. Clayton Roan
Dept of Mathematical Sciences
402 N Blackford St.
Indianapolis, IN 46202
For more information, please contact: